THE PARLIAMENTARY SERVICE COMMISSION
The Parliamentary Service Commission is seeking to appoint a highly motivated professional to join the National Assembly in the following exciting and challenging position:-
MEDIA RELATIONS OFFICER (PSC 10)
Responsible to the Director, Information & Research Services, the officer will be incharge of Parliamentary Broadcasting Unit and manage all Media affairs of the National Assembly in a timely and efficient manner.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Formulation, interpretation and application of procedures of the National Assembly Media Services and live broadcasting of Parliamentary proceedings;
* Assembling information on the procedures and operations of Parliament for Parliamentarians, staff and the public for official use;
* Organizing Parliament’s outreach programmes;
* Coordinating all publications of the National Assembly;
* Organizing all Media events of the National Assembly;
* Updating and maintaining of the Parliamentary Website.
* Any other duties relating to Media Services.
REQUIREMENTS FOR APPOINTMENT
For appointment to this post, a candidate must have served for a minimum of five years in a reputable media house with substantial experience in both print and electronic media and must also be in possession of the following minimum qualifications:
(i) A bachelor degree in Law or any other Social Sciences; (ii) A masters degree in either Communications or Public Relations;
(iii) A post graduate qualification in Mass Communications and Experience in Parliamentary reporting will be considered as an added advantage.
Applications together with copies of academic certificates and testimonials including letters of reference from two referees should be submitted so as to reach:
The Clerk/ Secretary
Parliamentary Service Commission
P.O. Box 41842-00100
On or before 17th November 2008.