1. Are we missing any information e.g. an MP’s profile is incomplete, or party-bearers information is inaccurate? That’s largely because we are having a hard time collecting accurate information (and not because we have a bias against someone or some party as some have suggested). Please help us improve our data by sending whatever information you think will be helpful via the contact page.
2. We are interested in capturing and publishing “citizen” observations of our MPs in Parliament. We feel that the local press doesn’t truly convey a sense of what goes on in Parliament and we would like to know exactly how/whether our MPs earn their hefty paychecks. The process involves you volunteering to spend at least one hour attending the public gallery in Parliament and emailing your observations to us for publication. If you’d like to provide a report for us (and we encourage you to), please contact us.
Visiting Parliament is fairly straightforward. Parliament usually sits 3 days a week, on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. You can usually verify the times by calling Parliament at 221291. Just show up and ask to be directed to the public gallery. Only thing to keep in mind is that you are not allowed to take notes in the public gallery so your reporting has to be based on your recollections. Feel free to highlight whatever you think people will be keen to read about. Once you are done you can email the post to us and we’ll put it up. We will of course give you full credit and a link to your blog or website if you have one.
3. How do you think your MP is performing? Any tips from the ground on what is going on in your constituency? Help us keep Kenyans informed by sending your thoughts via the contact page.
4. Do you want to let your MP know how you feel about him/her? Do you have specific questions for them? Leave them a comment on the MP profile page…we cannot guarantee a response, but predict that this will soon be a very popular feature.
5. Any features you’d like to see on Mzalendo? CONCRETE ideas on how we can become better. Please drop us a line.